Ikigai concept helps you to analyze your personality, abilities, dreams, wishes, talents, passions, missions, professions, vocations. Moreover, this concept is also able to scan your strengths to be considered at your dream job.
In general, Ikigai is a Japanese concept that means “a reason for being.” The word “ikigai” is usually used to indicate the source of value in your life or the things that make your life worthwhile. The word translated to English roughly means: “thing that you live for” or “the reason for which you wake up in the morning”.
Ikigai concept can help you to define your ideal occupation, and moreover the whole purpose of your life, reason of being, which is closely connected with a job that you are daily devoted to.
Ikigai is seen as the convergence of four primary elements
Ikigai is used also as the self-assesstment tool
- After you educate yourself on selected soft skills (via PDFs and videos of SkillsUp project), you can approach the Ikigai concept to better define your vocation.
- Moreover, the test results will help you to understand what are the most suitable jobs for your personality and according to learnt soft skills. This means, you will easily define – what you can get paid for (your profession).
Ten rules that can help you to find your own Ikigai
(according to: Hector Garcia and Francesc Miralles)
- Stay active and don’t retire
- Leave urgency behind and adopt a slower pace of life
- Only eat until you are 80 percent full
- Surround yourself with good friends
- Get in shape through daily, gentle exercise
- Smile and acknowledge people around you
- Reconnect with nature
- Give thanks to anything that brightens our day and makes us feel alive
- Live in the moment
- Follow your Ikigai
Ikigai concept can teach you to
- be focused and disciplined in finding your own way of happiness at work and life
- be independent and original without any dependency on advice from others
- listen to your inner voice, intuition
- devote extra time to your personal grow (self-study, self-reflection)
- help yourself by brainstorming and putting attention to what makes sense for you
- awake your creativity so you can find new ways how to get over boredom in your life
- refresh an initiativity to move something in your life
- provoke you to change e.g. your work environment, attitudes, people around you etc.
- strengthen your self confidence
- be concentrated to something more productive
- find your flow
- finishing important tasks and goals
- distinguish what is good for you and what you can
- afford to name and then live your passion, use all possibilities while you understand your values and talents
- influence your action and life
- activate your life
- find a purpose of life.